Tuesday, May 31, 2011

In unrelated news.

For the 2nd spring in a row, a pair of robins have nested on the inside of the front porch, atop the wisteria. 'Lady' laid 4 perfect blue eggs in her boo's well-crafted nest. She kept the eggs cozy for about 2 weeks while her boyfriend watched for crows.







Last year, the nest was abandoned about a week into gestation. With the exception of one stolen egg, 3 eggs hatched this time. Right outside the front window, we were able to watch all day worm feedings, and all night snuggle fests. The babies got really big, really quickly. Yesterday morning I watched the last of the babies get up the nerve, and fly out of the nest. I have to admit that I have a little bit of empty nest syndrome now. I hope I catch a glimpse of the fledgling robins soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment